Beyond Blue have launched a free mental health guide for advisors to help support small business owners.
The Supporting Small Business Owners guide is targeted towards small business advisors – accountants, bookkeepers, business advisors, tax agents, industry associates and representative bodies, family members and friends. These people often see first-hand how small business owners are affected by stress and play an important role in supportung their mental wellbeing. However, it can often be difficult to navigate this important role with such a wealth of resources and information available.
The Supporting Small Business Owners guide provides the resources and information needed for advisors to provide appropriate support without a trained counsellor. The guide includes:
- Practical information they can share with small business owners
- Tips on how to provide immediate support to a small business owner
- The signs of poor mental health
- Tips to speak with someone you’re concerned about
- Tips on how small business owners can improve their situation
- Links to resources for personal and workplace wellbeing plans, actions that small business owners can take themselves, and information on how advisors can look after their own mental health.
For more information, access the guide here.