Contribute to the Queensland Small Business Strategy Survey
Small businesses (businesses that employ less than 20 staff) make up about 97 per cent of all business in Queensland, totalling more than 438,000 small businesses. These businesses employ more than 970,000 people and contribute around $119 billion to the Queensland economy.
Working across every industry sector, small businesses are vital to the regions, both economically and socially as they provide employment opportunities to locals and drive local economy.
The Queensland Small Business Strategy Discussion Paper outlines the important challenges and opportunities faced by the small business community as identified by the Queensland Government and what supports are currently in place to build a strong and resilient small business sector.
There are five proposed focus areas identified in the discussion paper to support small business:
- Giving small business the tools and support to grow
- Simple and easy to do business
- Creating sustainable jobs in regional Queensland
- Supporting a diverse small business sector
- Giving small business a voice
In order to continue providing the right support to small businesses, the Queensland Government looking for feedback on the focus areas to help inform the next small business strategy.
You can have your say by:
- Completing the online Queensland Small Business Strategy Discussion Paper survey.
- Emailing your submission to SmallBusinessStrategy@desbt.qld.gov.au.
- Posting your submission to:
Queensland Small Business Strategy
Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
PO Box 15033
BRISBANE QLD 4002
Feedback should be provided to the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training by 5pm, 13 December 2019.
Your input with help the Queensland Government identify what support can be given to create the right conditions and opportunities for small businesses to start, grow and employ.