The Australian Government and Australian Taxation Office (ATO) initiative, Reach Out, is an Indigenous business support project designed to identify the unique needs of Indigenous small businesses and help them meet their tax and superannuation obligations.
The pilot program is one of several initiatives introduced with the aim to increase economic participation of Indigenous Australians and helping beuild sustainable businesses.
Through the program, businesses are supported to:
- improve the business and financial acumen of Indigenous business owners
- provide tailored support and education to Indigenous small businesses to build the business, financial literacy and raise awareness about managing obligations
- recognise the economic importance of the Indigenous small businesses
- build a connection with the Indigenous community to work together to support and influence Indigenous busiensses
- build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous partners and other Government and non-government agencies
- provide career development opportunities and develop cultural awareness in all ATO staff.