The Australian Institute of Company Directors is inviting applications for the Aspiring Indigenous Director Program 2020.
Suitable for aspiring Indigenous directors, this fully funded 10-month board-readiness program is designed to develop a cohort of Indigenous directors, ready to contribute to both Indigenous and non-indigenous boards across Australia.
The program includes structured learning sessions, workshops and monthly discussions guided by an experienced director. Participants will share perspectives and knowledge, and gain practical guidance on boardroom issues, while building their professional skills as a director. No prior director experience is required.
For more information, click here.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island person
- Be an Australian citizen residing in Queensland
- Be a director, aspiring director or leader of an organisation or community group
- Have the ability and desire to contribute at board level in the future
- Outline the benefits of completing the program for you, your organisation and/or your community
- Provide a professional reference or letter of support from your current organisation.
The program is provided free of charge to approved applicants and includes:
- Three day ‘Governance Foundations’ course, 27 to 28 February and 29 April 2020
- Monthly, two-hour peer mentoring forums facilitated by an experienced director, running from March-October 2020 (dates to be confirmed)
- One day ‘Finding Board Positions’ workshop, 27 October 2020
- Board Networking evening, 26 November 2020
- 12 month Affiliate membership of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Expressions of interest
To be considered for this program, complete the attached expression of interest form and submit either by mail or email, by Friday 31 January 2020.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
GPO Box 73,
Brisbane QLD 4001
e: [email protected]
Successful applicants will be advised via email by Thursday 6 February 2020 and must be available to commence the program on Thursday 27 February 2020.
For further enquiries
t: 07 3222 5500
e: [email protected]